Anchois Gas Development project located in the Lixus Offshore Licence, on Morocco’s Atlantic coast has brought together three international energy companies notably Chariot Oil & Gas through its subsidiary Chariot Oil & Gas Holdings (Morocco) Limited, and Subsea 7 S.A. as well as OneSubsea, through their non-incorporated strategic global alliance known as the Subsea Integration Alliance.
According to the London headquartered Oil and Gas company (Chariot), a collaboration agreement has already been signed. This will enable the companies to work together on the front-end engineering support and engineering design work, as well as the engineering, procurement, construction, installation, pre-commissioning, and commissioning work, in addition to the operations and maintenance of the Anchois Gas Development project.
Uncovering the true value of the project
“We are excited to be starting a journey with Chariot on the exciting Anchois gas development in Morocco. We believe the Subsea Integration Alliance “One-team” collaboration with Chariot will help unlock the planning and execution of the development and uncover the true value of the project for all the stakeholders,” commented Stuart Fitzgerald, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Subsea Integration Alliance.
Chariot has a 75% interest and operatorship in the Anchois Gas Development while the Moroccan government through the Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines (ONHYM) or other the National Office of Hydrocarbons and Mines in English, owns the remaining 25% interest.
According to the operator of the project, the audited total remaining recoverable resource (2C and 2U) for the Anchois gas discovery exceeds 1 trillion cubic feet, with methane constituting 97 percent of sampled gas.