Altus Strategies Plc announces the intersection of a significant gold zone from Reverse Circulation drilling at the Lakanfla Central prospect on the Lakanfla licence. Lakanfla forms part of the Company’s 100% owned, 105 square kilometre Diba & Lakanfla gold project in western Mali. Lakanfla is located approximately 5 kilometres east of the Company’s Diba licence which hosts numerous gold prospects, including a shallow-dipping, near-surface gold deposit.
- 3,500m RC programme underway at the 100% owned Lakanfla licence in western Mali
- Drilling at Lakanfla Central prospect has intersected a significant gold zone including:
- 1.23 grams per tonne Au over 127 metres from 21m, including 2.53 g/t Au over 14m from 46m (not true widths)
- Assays have been received from first two holes of planned 22 hole programme
- Lakanfla drilling programme is designed to:
- test the strike and down-dip potential of the Lakanfla Central prospect
- confirm historical drilling results from other key prospects including (not true widths):
- 5.10 g/t Au over 26m from 32m
- 4.31 g/t Au over 18m from 34m
- 1.02 g/t Au over 60m from 105m
- potentially generate a maiden Mineral Resource Estimate at Lakanfla
- Strategically located in a world-famous gold belt that hosts numerous open-pit mines
“We are delighted to report on the outstanding intersection of 1.23 g/t Au over 127m from 21m, including 2.53 g/t Au over 14m from 46m (not true widths) from RC drilling at the Central Prospect at Lakanfla in Western Mali. The current 3,500m drilling programme at Lakanfla forms part of a wider 10,000m programme across the combined Diba & Lakanfla gold project,” commented Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus.
He further added that Lakanfla Central is one of at least four key prospects at Lakanfla, with gold mineralisation hosted in a number of sub-vertical breccia zones within a significant porphyritic granite, which has a current strike length of approximately 350m. “Lakanfla also hosts a number of widespread zones of intense hard rock artisanal workings. Historical results from drilling at the Lakanfla licence include 5.10 g/t Au over 26m, 4.31 g/t over 18m and 1.02 g/t Au over 60m (not true widths),” he said.
“Lakanfla is located approximately 5km east of the Diba licence which hosts the Diba Deposit and the Diba NW prospects. Once completed, the results from the combined drilling programme at Diba & Lakanfla will feed into an updated independent MRE and preliminary economic assessment for the Project. We look forward to updating shareholders as further results are received,” he affirmed.
Read: Kumba Iron Ore concludes groundbreaking R1.6bn black owned community mining contract
Lakanfla Licence: Drilling Programme
The drilling programme at the Project is being undertaken by Capital Drilling Limited and comprises up to 10,000m of diamond drilling and RC drilling across Diba & Lakanfla. Following completion of drilling at the Diba Deposit and the Diba NW prospect, approximately 1,550m of RC drilling of a planned 3,500m programme has currently been completed on the Lakanfla licence.
The drilling at Lakanfla has been designed to test a number of targets which could potentially contribute to a maiden MRE for Lakanfla, including:
Lakanfla Central Prospect
- 17 holes for a total of 2,935m are planned
- The prospect comprises a series of mineralised breccias within an altered granodiorite host with surrounding carbonate metasediments
- Drilling to infill the prospect at depth as well as test potential on strike extensions
- Previous operators reportedly intersected 02 g/t Au over 60m from 105m (not true width)
Zone 3 Prospect
- Three holes for a total of 390m are planned
- The prospect hosts mineralised breccia at surface and artisanal workings
- Drilling to test strike potential
- Previous operators reportedly intersected78 g/t Au over 12m from 12m from a Rotary Air Blast hole and 23.4 g/t Au over 3m from 113m (not true widths)
Zone 4 Prospect
- Two holes for a total of 175m are planned (following current trenching programme)
- The prospect hosts several high-grade gold in soil anomalies
- Drilling to test strike potential
- Previous operators reportedly intersected20 g/t Au over 16m from 36m (not true width)
Lakanfla Licence: Initial Drilling Results
Assay results for two drill holes have been received to date from the Lakanfla project from the current programme. The holes were drilled at -60 degrees inclination and range between approximately 130m to 165m in length. The drilling was orientated perpendicular to the interpreted structural orientation of the Lakanfla Central prospect.